Ham Radio Deluxe released a statement

Ham Radio Deluxe released a statement

I want to make a statement of apology on behalf of HRD Software.

We regret that we have been unable to maintain our high standards of quality in our service to one of our customers. I have reached out to this customer to correct this regrettable situation. I am looking forward to speaking with him.

We apologize for what has happened here. I have stepped in and personally taken corrective actions to ensure that this mistake does not get made again.

It is not the policy or practice of HRD Software, LLC to retaliate, in any way, when negative reviews are made about our company, its products, or our employees. If this has happened in the past, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. We will strive to avoid, even the suspicion of, such things in the future.

Best wishes in your continuing enjoyment of our hobby.

 


http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/ham-radio-deluxe-support-hacked-my-computer.547962/page-37#post-4073452


Ham Radio Deluxe Support hacked my computer

There is probably a phone-home component to the software, but since I did not have to enter a key to install a minor build of the same version, it probably wouldn't have phoned home.
But the smoking gun is in the ticket. Rick stated 3 times, " we put you on a blacklist in the code.". There is a reasonable inference to be made....."the code" is the code in the executable I was instructed to download. The bottom line is, it worked before the download, it stopped working after the download, and the seller of the software stated that it was because my callsign was blacklisted "in the code".

A look at the business side of Ham Radio Deluxe - I found this very interesting:
http://goo.gl/i8dGNa


Dan D'Eon (@DanLDEon)
12/16/16, 1:54 AM
#HamRadioDeluxe cripples customer's rig after a poor review & #QRZ scrubs his post. #BadPublicity #hamr reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/comme…

https://www.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/comments/5il6f7/ham_radio_deluxe_support_allegedly_tricked/?st=iwrf7c59&sh=d5f765f3